Smeg/Smeg+/Smeg+ IV2 Hacking

• Here is the capture of the system information of my SMEG+, I upgraded from version SMEG5.1.E.R2 to the latest version 5.43.A.R2. I made this update hoping to be able to find the GPS navigation function.

You notice the absence of "lighting" on the GPS Navigation button as well as the absence of the line referring to the Map version.

I confirm the presence of the GPS Navigation button on the screen without lighting (desactivated). Moreover, when I enter the cheat code GPSINFO no information is displayed and escapes directly to the main screen. I add that all 308s marketed in Algeria don't have the GPS Navigation function.

Please help to find the GPS Navigation functionality.

Lots of thanks.

• as well as the absence of the line referring to the Map version.

...because your SMEG does not have a built in sat nav. That's it. There is nothing you can activate.

• With Cheatcode SYSMON und HWINFO you can also see how much storage you have.

For maps you must have installed an sd card.

• Thank you for the tutorial!

What happens if i mess up the sqlite database and copy it to the smeg unit?
    I see it falls back to a previous config, but does it overwrite the bad config? Or it just has a backup that loads every time until i repair the database file?

• If you corrupt the database, you will probably have to reinstall the software and in the worst case, download the calibration with Diagbox again.

That's why it's important to make an backup beforehand.

The safest way is to clone the SD card.

Then you can break whatever you want.

• Nice!
    I was thinking that the SD only holds the Maps. I've seen a few posts here and on YT about this SD cloning, but as i see, the Jukebox breaks with that. Is this the case with this backup->break->reflash to original procedure also? So, if i break it, then the Jukebox is gone?

• The thing with the jukebox was, that the partition will not recognized anymore, if you replace the sd card with another and resize the partitions.

This doesn't affect the 1:1 clone.

So if you restore a full 1:1 clone back to the sd card, everything is working fine.

• Hallo,

Es ist nur mit gerooteten Smartphone möglich?

grüß

• Ja, da ohne Root, aus Sicherheitsgründen, die IP nicht angezeigt wird.

• Super, besten Dank für die Info :)

• Ja, da ohne Root, aus Sicherheitsgründen, die IP nicht angezeigt wird.

Also ich habe das damals mit meinem alten ungerootetem Samsung Galaxy S7 gemacht und es hat nach deiner Anleitung einwandfrei funktioniert :thumbs_up:

Ich würde es erstmal so probieren, wenn man schon ungern rootet, falls es doch nicht klappt, dann weiß man zumindest Bescheid :smiling_face_with_tear:

• Hi,

Ich habe leider ein kleines Problem. Habe alle sichere Themen aitiviert und die Dateien vom USB Stick wieder im Smeg kopiert . Nach dem Neustart war alles in Ordnung aber wollte auf ein mal das Thema von Citroen ausprobieren. Jetzt ist plötzlich so, der Themen Wechsel Button fehlt und sogar für Klimaanlage auch. Ich habe wieder die gespeicherte Backup im Smeg kopiert aber es bring nichts. Immer das gleiche Thema von Citroen mit fehlenden Buttons und zeigt Konfigurieren nicht möglich,Dote error.

Die frage ist, wenn ich jetzt ganz einfach Firmware update mache, hat das überhaupt sinn? Gibts vielleicht andere lösüng?

Danke für jede Antwort der mich helfen kann.

• Ich habe wieder die gespeicherte Backup im Smeg kopiert aber es bring nichts.

Das bringt auch nichts, da die Konfigurationsdatei woanders gespeichert ist.

Ich habe damals nicht danach gesucht und kenne auch die Zone nicht, sonst könnte man es mit nem Arduino machen.

Um es wieder rückgängig zu machen, benötigst Du also Diagbox. :smiling_face_with_tear:

In Diagbox muss man zum Telematik Steuergerät und das Theme wieder umstellen.

Die frage ist, wenn ich jetzt ganz einfach Firmware update mache, hat das überhaupt sinn?

Nein, das hat keinen Effekt auf die Konfiguration.

• Danke dir für die schnelle Antwort. Meinst du das man kann es auch bei PSA machen. Ich habe leider kein Diagbox.

• Danke dir für die schnelle Antwort. Meinst du das man kann es auch bei PSA machen. Ich habe leider kein Diagbox.

Du meinst beim Händler?

Ja.

Die müssen nur kurz dran und das Theme wieder auf Standard stellen.

Dauert nichtmal 10min.

Würde ja Bilder machen, aber ich hab schon lange kein Smeg mehr. :)

• Noch eine kurze Frage zu dir.

Muß ich es bei Peugeot Händler machen oder kann man auch bei Kette wie ATU, Pit Stop oder in privaten Werkstätten.

• Muß ich es bei Peugeot Händler machen oder kann man auch bei Kette wie ATU, Pit Stop oder in privaten Werkstätten.

Die verfügen i.d.R. nicht über das Equipment (Diagbox + Adapter).

Du könntest Dir ja auch selbst Diagbox und Adapter zulegen, dürfte günstiger sein und man hat mehr davon.

• Darf ich von dir ein Anleitung haben? Und wo sollte ich Diagbox Software und Adapter suchen.

Bitte hilf mir.

• Nicht in diesem Thema, wir haben hier eine strikte Ordnung.

Am besten hier ein neues erstellen.

• Hello everyone!

Big thanks to all the OGs who wrote all the instructions - thanks to your contributions I was able to update the software from the SMEG5.0.D.R2 on my Peugeot 308 II T9 to the latest SMEG5.43.A.R2. Guides were really good and results amazing - sound quality actually improved a lot!

Relevant for this thread is that internet sharing via Bluetooth doesn't work with newer phones unless you update your SMEG+. Before updating it was always greyed out for me and I could not get internet sharing to work at all. After the update, I deleted my connection profile and connected again - and Internet sharing started working!

Next I am planing to use this guide to calibrate the SMEG+ into feeding low-level audio output to the speaker wires. The line-out output should make connecting an external amplifier (which I am doing) much easier and much less noisy and distorted. It is allegedly possible to calibrate this, but I couldn't find any evidence/mention online of someone actually doing it. Maybe someone here had tried it, or knows if it is actually possible?

In the SMEG+ documentation, there are clear indications that it is somehow possible to get line-out from the head unit:

and further specifying that only 2 instead of 4 outputs shall be provided in the HIFI CAN mode, and that they apper at the front speaker terminals:

I would assume the way to trigger this HIFI/CAN mode is to calibrate the following parameters: Arkamys_parameters to 2 and Audio_Config to 2. I think the "Arkamys Function" from Arkamys_parameters is actually just an equalizer profile applied to audio signals so the factory speakers sound better, and that it can be deactivated to get the unmodified audio. Assumption comes from Arkamys mode being active by default in my cheapest SMEG+ (no navigation).

If anyone had done this before, I'd very much like to hear about your experiences! If not, I shall try it in a couple of weeks and report back with the results :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.