Peugeot 308 II blind spot stopped working after SMEG update

• Hi!

Do you have a place where I can download the SMEG4.1.B.R8 version for my Peugeot 308 T9 (2013)? I updated it to SMEG 5.43 and since then my blind spot in the car is not working. After clicking on The button there is no reaction as ig The button was not active. Is there any way to restart it?

Regards

• AFAIK it is not possible to downgrade the firmware just like that :(

• From changing your SMEG+ 4.x to 5.x, you need to recalibrate your SMEG system in DiagBox.

Then 5.x will work without faults.

I don't have any 4.x versions on my computer, sorry.

• From changing your SMEG+ 4.x to 5.x, you need to recalibrate your SMEG system in DiagBox.

Then 5.x will work without faults.

I don't have any 4.x versions on my computer, sorry

Okay, then how to do such a SMEG calibration in diagbox? I would like a step by step guide. Thank you

• I would like a step by step guide. Thank you

Any other wishes?

We don't even know what hardware you have available and whether you've already dealt with Diagbox.

Therefore, no one will write a step-by-step guide, otherwise it would be a waste of time because there're are too many steps to recognize for laypeople.

It is therefore advisable that you go to your dealer and let them do the coding.

This takes no longer than 15 minutes.

• I have access to diagbox on weekends. I encoded the reversing camera by diagbox and telecoding by telnet. If I didn’t know anything about diagbox, I wouldn’t be asking for help. A little more slack…

• Then just do a simple automatic telecoding (Repair -> ECU List -> Telematics -> Smeg -> Automatic coding), if you can do it with Diagbox and after that, it should be working again.

Some Smeg updates are known to break/ or disable functions, that should not be changed, these are unfortunately update bugs.

Also some Smeg iV2 updates have the same problem.

I wouldn’t be asking for help. A little more slack…

As I wrote, you are new and we don't know you, so we don't know what your level of knowledge is or what hardware you have.

We have enough people who have neither one nor the other and then it becomes annoying to have to constantly ask because they do not manage to give the information from the beginning.

So, no offense.

• Thank you for the information. I’ll be doing this over the weekend. On the internet I have now read that older diagbox may not have new firmware for SMEG which may be logical(?). Will version 7.49 handle my SMEG 5.43.A.R2 uptade? Is it necessary to buy a newer version of diagbox?

Regards

• For a simple update, you don't need diagbox.

Also an automatic coding is only possible, if you have an online connection with diagbox and that's only possible with V9, a Servicebox account and you have to buy a token (42€).

You can try checking, if the blind spot option is just disabled and activate it again.

I would suggest the version 7.57.

• For a simple update, you don't need diagbox.

Also an automatic coding is only possible, if you have an online connection with diagbox and that's only possible with V9, a Servicebox account and you have to buy a token (42€).

You can try checking, if the blind spot option is just disabled and activate it again.

I would suggest the version 7.57.

I don't understand. How do I not need a diagbox for a simple updates? What do you mean?

As far as I know, 308 II (2013-2017) can be telecoded up to diagbox 7.49.

Is it possible that after checking for SMEG update in diagbox but offline the blind spot will just turn on?

• My mistake, I read wrong.

I'm not sure if 5.43.A.R2 is supported by 7.49, but updates don't usually change much.

Diagbox only changes the database entries in Smeg.

So it should also work with 7.49.

The smallest possible version I've always used was 7.57.

If it doesn't work, you can also try it via this guide.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.