Car/ecu not recognized by Diagbox

• Hello.

I have a problem with my Diagbox and hopefully someone here will be able to find some solution.

I have the full chip diagnostic tool from Aliexpress purchased on November 2020. It worked very well with Diagbox 7.57 (reading/coding). Firmware in the unit was 4.3.2.

In the end of last year I was bored :) and I tried newer version of Diagbox 9.68 (by Mr. Rorry). It flashed the new firmware 4.3.7 to the tool automatically after Diagbox start.

The Diagbox 9.68 worked ok. I was able to read ecus, erase errors but not coding of course. I have used the 9.68 couple of times without any problem.

Then after a month sitting the box the tool started to have a problem to recognize the car vin and detect any ecu. It says "communication error" for all of them.

I tried the freshly unzipped untouched VM copy of 9.68 - no luck.

I downgraded the firmware to 4.3.2 and tried Diagbox 7.57 - no luck.

It is always the same. Diagbox is not able to detect car vin or any ecu in the car.

PSA interface checker is able to see the tool and I can flash any firmware on it without any problems.

In the past I have seen somewhere on internet that proper version of full chip diagnostic tool has to have one specific resistor soldered. But I cant find this info anymore. I think this resistor is missing on my tool.

Pictures of both sides attached.

Thank you for any help.

• In the past I have seen somewhere on internet that proper version of full chip diagnostic tool has to have one specific resistor soldered.

I doubt that.

Otherwise it wouldn't have worked before.

It seems rather that the VCI has an defect.

Had something similar back then.

Often nothing was recognized and in the end not even the relay clicked anymore.

Even if it was recognized by the tool.

There are cheaply made VCI's and there are better made ones.

You can't predict what you'll end up with.

With my current one, after using it very often, I have a broken usb cable.

Depending on how I lay the cable, the connection is lost.

The cables are very cheap and the wires are very thin.

Just chinese crap. :)

Does the relay click when you establish a connection?

If not, then something is wrong with the VCI or with the connection to the VCI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.