CAN-BUS Shield V1.2 & CAN-BUS Shield V3.0

• Hello, are both devices compatible with each other, can you replace the older device with a newer one to communicate Arduino UNO with PSA?
    Theoretically, a newer version should be better, but theory doesn't always follow practice

• I think you mean certainly V2.

There is no Canbus Shield V3.

In V2, the PCB layout has changed.

You can switch between 2 interfaces, an SD slot has been added and you can switch the CS/INT pin more easily, that's it.

The CAN communication via MCP2515 Chip remains identical, also the transceiver MCP2551 and also the pin assignment is the same.

The most that can happen is that the library is no longer compatible and needs to be adjusted.

• I am sending a link Canbus Shield V3

MCP2515 Can Bus controller shield V3.0 SunFlower for Arduino, 13,90 €
    The Arduino CAN Shield with MCP2515 CAN controller provides detailed information and reference libraries for the Arduino platform.
    www.marotronics.de

• This one isn't from Seedstudio.

Except for the 2 user buttons, it doesn't seem to have any advantages either.

On the contrary, just an 8Mhz crystal is soldered.

The Shield V2 has 16Mhz.

It always depends on what you need.

What do you need it for?

• I wanted to use your Mittns ECU Key Calculator 1.0.0.0
    as if the Arduino Nao + MCP2515 would fail
    wouldn't Arduino UNO + Canbus Shield V3 be better?
    and whether it works between 8Mhz and 16Mhz, it matters to Mittns ECU Key Calculator 1.0.0.0

• More speed is always better when the timing has to be right and you are working with large amounts of data.

But in this case 8 Mhz is quite sufficient, since only a few frames have to be sent.

Whether Nano or Uno makes no difference here either.

• Thank you for the comprehensive information.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.