2018 Citroen Cactus RCC A1 Replacement?

• Hello everyone!

I’m a newly proud owner of the c4 cactus. It has come to my attention some days ago that my car doesn’t have connect nav, carplay and mirrorlink. Which is a bummer because im really interested in the CarPlay ( unfortunately I didn’t know about these things when I decided to purchase the car ). I recently checked my radio box and found out that I have a RCC A1 radio with only Bluetooth box.

My question is, is it possible to replace it with a different one that support connect nav, mirrorlink and CarPlay? And would you know which one I should look for? Also is it only possible to replace the A1 with the A2? I’m not so knowledgeable about this so please bare with me 😅.

I will insert pictures of the setups.

Thanks in advance!

• My question is, is it possible to replace it with a different one that support connect nav, mirrorlink and CarPlay? And would you know which one I should look for? Also is it only possible to replace the A1 with the A2? I’m not so knowledgeable about this so please bare with me 😅.

Yes, you can easily replace it with an other RCC.

You just have to configure it to you VIN and your configurations (Vehicle menu's and so on).

Therefore you need an Arduino and a Mcp2515 module.

You find the Connection Schematic here.

After the configuration, everything works like original.

• Okay thank you! If I only want to use the CarPlay and not the navigation and other things do I still need to configure it to my vin and use the arduino and the other things you mentioned?

• Yes, you must configure it, otherwise some other functions not working like audio amplifier, alerts (if you have no Matrix speedo), tire pressure reinitialization and something like that.

And of course the VIN, otherwise it beeps every few seconds.

If you can't find a vendor who already configures it for you, you'll need to get an Arduino.

But that's not science either, it's all very easy to do.

• Alright that makes sense yeah.

I spoke to a seller that sells units and also does the coding and he said that I shouldn’t go for the RCC A2 but for the RCC A1 wave 3. So I’m so confused at the moment because when I was reading other forums, they were saying that if you have a RCC A1 you need to replace it with the RCC A2, since those are produced by Bosch.

No I’m just stuck…

• Alright that makes sense yeah.

I spoke to a seller that sells units and also does the coding and he said that I shouldn’t go for the RCC A2 but for the RCC A1 wave 3. So I’m so confused at the moment because when I was reading other forums, they were saying that if you have a RCC A1 you need to replace it with the RCC A2, since those are produced by Bosch.

No I’m just stuck…

RCC A1 wave3 is new one model after 2019 car like 208 - 2008 c3 and it have the carplay & androind auto !!

• Okay so should I get that one that since my car is 2018?

• Okay so should I get that one that since my car is 2018?

It doesnt matter if you take a RCC Wave2 A2 version or the RCC Wave3 A1 version. The latter is newer and slightly faster, that is all.

If you need support, let me know as I also can code the headunit for you.

• Thank you so much Edu_chirimoya. I am currently in contact with a seller that’s going to help me for the wave 3. I’ll keep you updated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.