RCC update for psa cars assembled outside france and unlisted in PSA APIs

• Hello,

I have a Citroen C3 car assembled outside France therefore my VIN number is not registered on PSA-group APIs.

My VIN number is N4S555200K1001821 and using the VIN in my Citroen app will result in "Unknown VIN" response from My Citroen app.

The Touchscreen unit is a Bosch RCC with wave 2 software.

Here are some more info about the unit's version:

Version: 074C

HMI Version: 21.616.53.17.00

V850 version: W2.1_16.1S723

I have tried using PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2 and PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2 updates, both respond with "USB key isn't compatible with this vehicle", I suspect the problem is the license file which I can't get without the UIN which I haven't been able to extract from the unit using engineer mode since there is no export option in the RCC model.

Is there any other ways to find UIN? Maybe on the unit somewhere? or do I have to find a PSA DiagBox or lexia to find the UIN? or maybe a way to connect to the unit using WIFI or USB and browse the files or content?

Does Citroen give cars assembled outside France another id that can help me use available PSA Apis?

thank you

I hope this post can help other people with the same problem

• Is there any other ways to find UIN? Maybe on the unit

Diagbox can show you the UIN.

or maybe a way to connect to the unit using WIFI or USB and browse the files or content?

If it's secured like the Nac's then no chance.

There is no way to access the file system and no vulnerabilities are known to exist.

But with an Arduino you can also read out the serial number via can command.

(The same procedure that Diagbox uses)

At least it works with the Nac, so it should also work with the rcc.

But if you're not familiar with Arduino, Diagbox is the easiest method.

• Thank you for the suggestions.

I tried the Arduino and it worked.

My main problem was Android auto not working, and it turned out there was no need for update. All I needed was enabling it using a Diag.

These are the steps I took to enable Android Auto, for anyone else trying to do this:

1 - Visit this site and make yourself a PSA-Can-Diag (Its in French, try using google translate) (thanks to vlud for creating all the necessary tools)

2 - connect the device to your car's OBD2 port and make sure your car is on (no need for ignition, just the radio unit worked for me)

3 - open the provided app and connect to your Arduino

4 - the app reads RCC's settings and gives you all the configuration you can change (BACK UP EVERY THING FIRST!!!!)

5 - find Android Auto config and turn it on

6 - save

7 - enjoy having Android Auto! ;)

** for people actually wanting to update **

You can find you UIN on top of the main tab in the app use that with the Peugeot API to get your license key.

I hope this can help anyone trying to update or enable Android Auto. there aren't that many English resources for this let me know if anyone wants a more detailed version with steps to build the Arduino Diag or update the unit in English.

• I hope this can help anyone trying to update or enable Android Auto. there aren't that many English resources for this let me know if anyone wants a more detailed version with steps to build the Arduino Diag or update the unit in English.

For wiring you could also use this guide

An Arduino Uni and Shield isn't necessary.

You can almost use every arduino. :)

Or, if you want to tinker, you can build an OBD connector yourself. ^_^

• Hi, thanks for the tutorials, how do you think will it help me:

I bought a Citroen c3 2017.

It has a nav multimedia system Wave 2.1 (looks like).

It has a Carplay and mirrorlink option but no Android auto. Carplay works perfect with my wife's iPhone, but I have an android phone.

I updated all firmwares using the My Citroen app, but still no android auto button. But it should be there, because all other similar cars has.

So if I assemble this gadget, will I be able to activate Android Auto with it?

Thanks!

• It has a nav multimedia system Wave 2.1 (looks like).

Please, check first your Firmwareversion. Normally, Carplay AND Android Auto should be present in all Citroën models. Only those with a NAC Wave1 will only offer Carplay.

• Please, check first your Firmwareversion

Thanks for the answer, but could you please clarify, do you mean version of current firmware after update? If yes then it is 27.08.87.32_nac-r1

• That is what I meant. You do have a NAC wave2 and Android Auto should be present.

• and Android Auto should be present.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. But there are only Carplay and mirrorlink buttons. So how do you think could Arduino activate Android auto function? I have only Arduino nano, but no "can adapter", so I need to buy it and don't want to spend money if it won't help me..

• And I have only Arduino pro micro. Is it possible to connect mcp2515 to it?

Also I double checked the scheme but still can't understand on what pin in obd I should connect wires from mcp2515 to connect to NAC and try to activate Android auto. Will be very appreciated for help, thanks!

• Beitrag von dgorbatko ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde vom Autor gelöscht ().
  • And I have only Arduino pro micro. Is it possible to connect mcp2515 to it?

Also I double checked the scheme but still can't understand on what pin in obd I should connect wires from mcp2515 to connect to NAC and try to activate Android auto. Will be very appreciated for help, thanks!

I changed 16mhz to 8mhz in configuration in the code and it worked! I activated android auto!! Thanks for the tutorial!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.