Does somebody use winter radiator cover for Peugeot Rifter/Berlingo/Proace city verso?

• Hi all,

does somebody use winter radiator cover for their diesel engine car? Something like this:

Winter covers - HEKO

VW Transporter T6 Winter Covers
    VW Transporter T6 Winter Covers, fits to years 2015-2019 cars. Produced from cast aclyric and smoky colored.
    www.km-parts.fi

Heko does not plan to make such cover, did ask them :(

This is my first winter with diesel Toyota Proace city verso (130k) and it takes looong to get it up to engine temeperature.

I know, i can put some piece of cardboard there, but still would like to have something better looking.

ps: this 500 character limit is killing me:( :exclamation_mark:

• Personally, I don't think much of these covers.

In my opinion, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

(And i bet, they know that too... ;) )

Here's my opinion to the description/advertising.

This part of the text is true, but that only applies to the warm-up phase.

They significantly decrease the time needed for the engine to heat up, which lowers engine wear.

This part of the text is just unlikely:

increases its lifetime and efficiency

This part of the text is just stupid and unlikely:

improved operation of mechanical and electrical systems

This part of the text is just good advertising, this should be so small that it has absolutely no significance.

Exhaust gases also pollute the engine compartment through the other grilles and you hardly have any insects in winter anyway.

increased cleanliness of the engine compartment,

Yes, the diesel will heat up a little faster, but that's it.

Disadvantages:

• Too little air = Less power and higher fuel consumption (especially under load)
    • Engine can overheat (especially under load)
    • Increased pollutant emissions (after warm-up phase) => Bad for the environment
    • Inefficient combustion (after warm-up phase) => Bad for the exhaust aftertreatment system
    • More wear and tear on components such as cylinders, pistons and valves because of the increased pressure and higher temperatures in the combustion chamber (after warm-up phase).

I advise against such covers.

I know that manufacturers develop a lot of crappy things, but I also know enough companies that throw something onto the market without thinking about it, just to make money.

The one thing that companies are all good at is advertising.

And as long as no one questions anything, it works well...

Well, whatever, everyone is of course allowed to form their own opinion. :)

308 GTi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns ()

• Mittns

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Winter radiator cover for Peugeot Rifter/Berlingo/Proace city verso“ zu „Does somebody usw winter radiator cover for Peugeot Rifter/Berlingo/Proace city verso?“ geändert.
  • hi, thank you for your input. Those link were just example. And i never intended to cover the whole openings. These covers are being used for long time also on Trucks without issues btw..

• Hi,

I was also looking for such a cover for my Toyota and couldn't find anything.

It warms up tragically slowly, but everything works.

• These covers are being used for long time also on Trucks without issues btw..

There is no evidence that it works for long.

Either because nobody would admit that they bought garbage or the car is sold on and the next owner with problems doesn't know where the problems come from.

It's the same with chip tuning.

Nobody voluntarily admits to breaking the engine and before it breaks, the car usually has a new owner.

Just sayin. :)

• It's the same with chip tuning.

Nobody voluntarily admits to breaking the engine and before it breaks, the car usually has a new owner.

Just sayin. :)

Chip tuning in itself would be an interesting subject, what makes sense, what not. How long does the motor survive etc.

Kind regards, Hermann

• Ah, but this is a different cover and also for the lower grill.

According to the instructions, this is intended to prevent the radiator from freezing, which seems logical to me.

In addition, maximum 120km/h, it must also not be installed during recovery and only below 10°C.

• So this is what i was looking for, directly on Toyota handbook for proace city verso https://www.toyota.de/customer/manuals#/pdf/PZ49X-K9F00-DE page 214

I did not find anything about radiator cover in my handbook in Czech and English versions, and your link does not open. But as I know diesel version has a problem with warming up if the temperature of the environment is lower than 15-20 degrees. With gazoline engine it's not a serious problem. Cardboard IMHO is the best solution because costs nothing, easy to remove, and is easy to install.

• There is also nothing about this cover in the Polish language version - does anyone know its part number?

• Cardboard IMHO is the best solution because costs nothing, easy to remove, and is easy to install.

What about that cardboard when it rains and it falls apart and gets into the engine?

• Cardboard IMHO is the best solution because costs nothing, easy to remove, and is easy to install.

What about that cardboard when it rains and it falls apart and gets into the engine?

You can use plastic cardboard ;)

• So i got response from Toyota. It's not accessories you can normaly buy, it's part of delivery with car. Have to go to my dealer and ask..

So this is what i was looking for, directly on Toyota handbook for proace city verso https://www.toyota.de/customer/manuals#/pdf/PZ49X-K9F00-DE page 214

I did not find anything about radiator cover in my handbook in Czech and English versions, and your link does not open. But as I know diesel version has a problem with warming up if the temperature of the environment is lower than 15-20 degrees. With gazoline engine it's not a serious problem. Cardboard IMHO is the best solution because costs nothing, easy to remove, and is easy to install.

it's german handbok..in slovak one it's on page 220. And it's handbook form model year 2021

So dealer cant order it, it's not central europian spareparts catalogue

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von duuri () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by duuri into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.