C4 NAC stuck on version 31.x from 2018

• Hello,

I own a C4 Cactus from 2019 with the head unit stuck on FW version 31.x, and unfortunately the software update tool does not work for me. Whenever I try to download the update v42-03-33-42_NAC-r0, which is detected by the program, an error comes up saying "network error, check your internet connection". It's not needed to say that I've tried disabling the firewall, the antivirus, resetting the DNS etc etc but stil no luck. Do you have any suggestion? I know it's possible to update the FW and the maps via USB but I'm not sure of which versions would I need and if I also need a licence file. Furthermore, is it possible that my SOS button is blinking due to the outdated software version of the head unit?

Thanks!!

• Try this:

https://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/PSASpecialBundle/PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_42.03.33.42_NAC-r0_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE3.tar

Download it, unzip it into a FAT32 formatted USB Stick, connect your NAC headunit to the Internet using the BT-Tethering option in your mobile phone and see if it works. If so, do not install the maps after updating the firmware and use this version instead:

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/PSA_map-eur_15.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE4.tar

• Hey edu, thanks for the quick support! Is the internet connection needed? Fun fact: Bluetooth works just fine, tethering is enabled but whenever I try to establish a connection in the head unit nothing happens. What I do is the following:

1. Tap in the gear icon in the upper right corner.

2. Tap on data

3. Here the screen says “no info available” and there’s a globe icon with an x. I then tap on it but nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Is the internet connection needed?

Only if the license file is not present on the stick.

• Is the internet connection needed?

Only if the license file is not present on the stick.

I see! I've found this tool on github >> https://github.com/zeld/psa-update

It seems it's doing the job, at the moment it's setting up the usb drive and there is also a licence folder with the key inside. Once it's finished I'll try to update the FW and the maps and I'll let you know the outcome! :)

Hey edu_chirimoya the process is finished and the head unit recognises both the HU and maps updates. Do you have a rough idea of how long does the process take? As far as I know the vehicle engine should be running, no s&s enabled. Something I’m missing?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pr091 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by pr091 into this post.

• Do you have a rough idea of how long does the process take?

Great! Firmware takes around 25min. Maps will take 55 to 60 minutes if you install all countries.

As far as I know the vehicle engine should be running, no s&s enabled. Something I’m missing?

That's it

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.