installation of additional USB in glovebox

• Today i installed 3rd usb in my Proace City Verso. Bought it on Aliexpress 3rd option. Had to modify the FAKRA connector, had to trim the red marked parts

Took me a while to fit it, cable is really stiff... On glovebox it's there is place prepared with a plastic plug.

It works, not with carplay, but i could play music from spotify.

So now i have usb by screen with carplay (from factory), second in glovebox, third just for charging by ventilation for second seat row (from factory).

• You know, if you change the rowing of the connectors you can change the port for carplay?

eg change it to the one in the glove box and connect a wireless carplay adapter. ;)

• yes,i'm aware but, all the wireles carplay adapters have more or less connection problems. And i always favourite cable connection.

• I didn't have any big issues with mine so far. And I don't like the cable connection in the car.

But hey, anybody can do as he / she likes it. No?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.