Where to get power for Dashcam?

• Hi everybody.

One year ago I tried figured out where I can take power for dashcam from fuses box at Toyota Proace Verso year 2020. I wanted, as by my old car (5008 year 2014), after turn on switch key (today start/stop) have the dashcam power and after turn off it be without power, nothing specially. But .. I could not find a fuse (or empty slot) that meet these conditions. I do not want use some "invasive" procedures e.g. connecting to wires for ceiling light or socket, because the vehicle have 5 years garantion.

At the end I connected it to F12 (with fuse-socket adapter), which is not permanently under voltage, but it turns off after about 5 minutes and turns on even after opening the driver's door ... which makes me a little angry. I looked for some descriptions where it would be said how there is a fuse on the powered slot, but I can't find much. Does anyone know where - to what position to connect BSI (front) or BHF3 (rear) in the fuse box?

I am attaching where I am currently connected (marked pink), a description from https://www.autogenius.info/toyota-proace-fuse-box-diagram/

The rear BHF3 box and position F12

pojistky_osazeni.png.65f3e5f0d1892f082f79959d788c8f1a.png

pojistky_diagram.png

Fuses box under steering wheel: the rear BHF3 box marked pink, frot BSI box marked blue

pojistky_predni_zadni.png

The fuse-socket adapter

fuse_zasuvka.png

Thank you for the responses

Petr

• Did you try it from the fuse from the Glove box lighting?

I'm not sure right now, but I think the glove box isn't getting any power without the ignition on.

Also the 12/230V Sockets are powerless without ignition on.

I would prefer this for your dashcam.

• Mittns

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Power for DashCam“ zu „Where to get power for Dashcam?“ geändert.
  • Hi,

good idea!

... but it's a litle bit confusing, because slot for glove box light depend on level of equipment vehicle.

It could be slot F22 or F36 at front BSI. I'll try to find right slot with "light bulb test"

Petr

• Today i installed 70mai dashcam with their hardwire kit cable. https://dashcam.70mai.com/support/UP02

It has option for parking surveillance with that cable, yellow VCC+ has to be connected to constant 12V. Thought F13 would work as radio can be turned on without start/stop button. but no :(

ACC+ i used from front 12V outlet on F32.

So pitroch did you find fuse in interrior fusebox which is constantly on ?
    The link you share where is this fuse box locate?

Passenger Compartment Fuse Box No.2

• Hi.

Negative. I didn't find slot with permanent power.

• Most of the Fuses are switched off after standby from the ecu.

Try the fuse of the infotainmentsystem.

• Most of the Fuses are switched off after standby from the ecu.

Try the fuse of the infotainmentsystem.

That would be F29 ?

Will test that. Also think maybe the alarm or central locking

• That would be F29 ?

Could be, i don't know the fuses in a Proace. :)

But the infotainmentsystem has always power.

• I always used the horn fuse in my cars

• That would be F29 ?

Could be, i don't know the fuses in a Proace. :)

But the infotainmentsystem has always power.

I always used the horn fuse in my cars

thank you both

• By me infotainment syst. don't have permanent power, it goes to sleep by eco. I did't found any slot with permanet power at two box of fuses under under the steering wheel.

• By me infotainment syst. don't have permanent power, it goes to sleep by eco. I did't found any slot with permanet power at two box of fuses under under the steering wheel.

No, that's not the same.

The Infotainment is controlled via canbus to go to sleep but has permanently 12V on the quadlock.

but it turns on when you press powerbutton to show you info about eco mode

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.