Proace City Verso 2020 FW/MAPs update

• Gutten Abend,

today i tried to update my NAC from version as on the picture to 44.06.44.42 and maps to latest version.

(Hope) i did all the necessary steps:

engine running, Start-Stop disabled, iPhone hotspot enabled and wifi connected, BT connected, waited for about 5 minuts before inserted the key (32GB, fat32 formated)

Maps updates tells me there is update, also starts, byt tells me imeediately it fails.

FW update tells me immediately that my HW is not supported.

Did repeat the it after driving around for 15minutes..Build in update check tells me there no update (wifi was still connected) and both usb updates tell me the same.. Weird is when i try check connected services there is nothing:( Did somebody experienced this or something similar? ist there some check how to verify internet connection?

• today i tried to update my NAC from version as on the picture to 44.06.44.42

Strongly recommend NOT to update your system if it runs without issues.

Maps updates tells me there is update, also starts, byt tells me imeediately it fails.

FW update tells me immediately that my HW is not supported.

Unpack the .tar file directly into your FAT32 formatted USB Stick using 7zip and you are good to go.

• Strongly recommend NOT to update your system if it runs without issues.

i know:) i'm IT person :) nvecer change running system..But on the other hand, there is always a reason why there are updates:D

Unpack the .tar file directly into your FAT32 formatted USB Stick using 7zip and you are good to go.

map update is recognized so i guess it is recognized ok. root folder looks like this

• If that''s a macOS system, you need to run the CleanMyDrive 2 app before ejecting the USB flash drive with the map/cartography update.

That OS automatically creates system files on USB flash drives, that changes folder contents (specifically the /SWL/002*/Data/data-pkg/NAV/MAP/) and its hash digest value, that is verified/compared on installation.

• If that''s a macOS system, you need to run the CleanMyDrive 2 app before ejecting the USB flash drive with the map/cartography update.

That OS automatically creates system files on USB flash drives, that changes folder contents (specifically the /SWL/002*/Data/data-pkg/NAV/MAP/) and its hash digest value, that is verified/compared on installation.

that makes sense. will test tomorow. thank you

• But on the other hand, there is always a reason why there are updates:D

Absolutely! Have a look at this thread

There you can see the reasons ;). And then you will understand that it is not necessary to update if the system runs. The new versions may also have new bugs that we do not know about (it wouldnt be the first time).

• There you can see the reasons ;). And then you will understand that it is not necessary to update if the system runs. The new versions may also have new bugs that we do not know about (it wouldnt be the first time).

I have seen that. But my system had version from 2019. And i could not update to newest maps. Anyway, i managed to do updates yesterday, with help of Mittns Toolbox. I can say the GUI runs faster and smoother. And see differences in text and pictures in help menus which were not there

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.