Nac firmware update with license file doesn't work

• Hello not sure if this post is in the correct thread, if not please divert me to the right location?

I have Citroen C4 Grand picasso 2017 model with wave 2 NAC, I want to update the firmware, but I go to citroen website and I can download the maps but not the firmware update, the firmware selection is greyed out so i cannot select it? I know the version of software I need is 001315031613548831 and I now have a copy of this firmware but the license is for a different C4 picasso. my question is I see on the mittns toolbox a possibility to download and create a new license but i'm not sure how to do this? I entered the nac id and firmware version but I get stuck after this point on what to do next? please can someone advise or is it not possible to create a license anymore?

Thank you:)

bazil

• You wrote, that the Nac not match your vehicle and later you edited your post. Why?

Also your profile informations says something else.

Are you working commercial?

• Hi,

I edited my post because I made mistakes with my information and I wanted to add to my question, I also missed 8831 from the end of the firmware number 001315031613548831 so I edited it? what do you mean my profile informations says something else?

Thanks

Bazil

I did not write "the nac does not match my vehicle"? the nac does match the vehicle, the firmware I downloaded was for a different c4 Picasso that I tried to update mine with because I could not dowload mine from citroen site, but it did not work because the license is obviously different for the other C4 picasso?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bazil () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Bazil mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• I did not write "the nac does not match my vehicle"? the nac does match the vehicle, the firmware I downloaded was for a different c4 Picasso that I tried to update mine with because I could not dowload mine from citroen site, but it did not work because the license is obviously different for the other C4 picasso?

It sounded like it was a different nac from a different vehicle.

And why do you have a wrong license file?

WIth my toolbox you always get the correct license file, it's not necessary to create a license file manually.

what do you mean my profile informations says something else?

You asking for Citroen C4 Grand picasso but your profile says Citroen Berlingo...

The firmware is the same on all nac's with the same wave version.

It doesn't matter, if the nac wave 2 is from an citroen or peugeot, for example.

but it did not work because the license is obviously different for the other C4 picasso?

The license file is bound to your vehicle and your nac.

Send your VIN and i'll check it.

• Hi Mittns,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I eventually downloaded the licence and firmware file directly from citroens website :) i went back on and I was able to select the firmware download, which was greyed out earlier?

I tried to create a license file from your tool box and I entered the nac id and firmware version information correctly but I could not down load the file or maybe I did? but I could not use it? the error I got was "Authentication with mittns.de failed"

maybe I just dont know how to use the mittns tool box correctly? what does the license file look like when downloaded from your tool box (does it look like the one from citroen website?) and to where on my pc would it download to from the tool box? I just may need some lessons XDD

Thanks

Bazil

sorry maybe I didnt explain thoroughly, I only wanted to create a License file manually for my vehicle because I already had the firmware on a pen drive (which I had downloaded for a different c4) but the license was not for my vehicle so I was just going to swap the license file on the pendrive for my license.

Hope that makes sense ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bazil () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Bazil mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• sorry maybe I didnt explain thoroughly, I only wanted to create a License file manually for my vehicle because I already had the firmware on a pen drive (which I had downloaded for a different c4) but the license was not for my vehicle so I was just going to swap the license file on the pendrive for my license.

So why don't you enter the chassis number and look for updates?

Then the license file is displayed directly with a link.

I tried to create a license file from your tool box and I entered the nac id and firmware version information correctly but I could not down load the file or maybe I did? but I could not use it? the error I got was "Authentication with mittns.de failed"

Check your Username and password.

Everything works fine.

I testet it a couple of minutes ago.

sorry maybe I didnt explain thoroughly, I only wanted to create a License file manually for my vehicle because I already had the firmware on a pen drive (which I had downloaded for a different c4) but the license was not for my vehicle so I was just going to swap the license file on the pendrive for my license.

Hope that makes sense ;)

As i said, give me your VIN and i can check it for you or check your account data in Mittns Toolbox, then it works. :thumbs_up:

Btw, I cannot see your email or username from this account here in the server logs.

Do you use another account?

If so, that violates the terms of use.

• Hi,

I only have this account, I don't use any other account? I think maybe mittns toolbox is not working for me as I try to use it on windows 7 OS ? I want to get another pc with windows 10 installed and try again. I generally use apple mac you see so I cannot run tool box on that.

I think the problem is occurring because I'm not quite sure how to use the toolbox? I will try some more, I will search by vin number from now on and see how I get on.

BTW I have managed to download and install the firmware directly from the citroen main dealer website

Thanks again for your time,

bazil

• I generally use apple mac you see so I cannot run tool box on that.

With a virtual machine it's possible on mac.

I think the problem is occurring because I'm not quite sure how to use the toolbox? I will try some more, I will search by vin number from now on and see how I get on.

Usually it's mostly explained, if you have questions, you can ask.

As i said, the authentication error comes from a wrong Login.

Also be sure, that you entered your username instead of email adress in the settings.

Also check your internet connection.

If a firewall or something blocking the Toolbox, it doesn't work.

BTW I have managed to download and install the firmware directly from the citroen main dealer website

:thumbs_up:

308 GTi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.