Finish sketch for Citroen C5 X7 Nac operation with arduino Can Comfort 2004-2010.

• Hi there

I am doing a project to adjust Nac and the possibility of Cirroco; in Citroen C5 we have started by using a sketch from the Frances Peugeot forum, in which there is a lot of information, but the sketches are very suitable for them and not for Citroen and somewhat less for C5, almost everything is already operational and working, but I need help for the last finishes, several people are involved in this work with C5, but none of us have enough programming knowledge.

One of the problems is getting the notices and alerts in Nac , we need to retrieve those values from BSI Field 1A1 (used by C4 from which we have frames) and redirect them to appear in C5 in pop up mode.

If someone is interested in helping or receiving support for its installation, you can count on my help.

Thank you.

• One of the problems is getting the notices and alerts in Nac , we need to retrieve those values from BSI Field 1A1 (used by C4 from which we have frames) and redirect them to appear in C5 in pop up mode.

You would need to get the ID of where the messages are being sent and capture the associated frames and then forward them to the nac.

Have you listened to the ID's yet?

CanHacker is also a useful software to read the ID's and frames.

The messages should be sent over the Low Bus (125kbps).

Various CAN frames are also linked in the Diagbox databases where you can use an SQL Editor.

But reading them out is annoying.

• The data in the can network is that of C4 1A1

We have a problem that can I'd 1A1 sent from bsi is not displaying the notification pop up on NAC cirroco fitted to c5x7

If the NAC is fitted to C4 mk1 and a lot of other cars the pop up notification appear like door open low fuel engine fault and more

But on c5x7 it is not pop up only appears in the diagnosis menu of NAC which is not good in the c5x7 these notifications appear in the matrix on the dashboard but on C4 etc they are in the EMF screen

Also when NAC cirroco is in its native vehicle the pop up notification appear so need to find a way to get the NAC cirroco to show these notifications as pop up notification

http://autowp.github.io/

• Frame 1A1 is present on the bus for it to show notifications in the original car instrument panel.

And as notification accessable from the NAC diagnosis menu.

I have done an experiment in bsi under configuration/vehicle configuration/miscellaneous there is an entry for type of vehicle the 3rd generation C5 c5x7 is type 3304 if you change this to a type from a C4 mk1 which is 2101 then the NAC cirroco shows all notifications but you cannot leave like this as you will find it gives problems with the vehicle wipers not working interior lights working wrong and maybe other things so you have to keep it as type 3304

The question of can I'd 1A1 which is where the notification originate is present on the low speed comfort can bus but only displayed on the instrument panel on the c5x7 unlike the C4 where it is displayed on the EMF multi function display so we need to find a way to divert this information to the NAC/Cirroco.

This issue appears to affect the C5 MK3 x7 and possibly the Peugeot 407 as both use same bsi part number.

And this issue isn't just with NAC cirroco it is with Smeg also no notification pop ups in c5x7.

But if Smeg/NAC fitted in C4 mk1 Berlingo b9 and other PSA vehicles with can2004 they appear but not on NAC cirroco fitted to c5x7.

It still remains a mystery as to why the c5x7 only displaying notification in the matrix on the instrument cluster.

Maybe someone knows how or where to divert these frames/messages to give the NAC cirroco pop up notifications as they do on other can2004 vehicles and in there native vehicles running on bsi2010

Hopefully someone will have the answer/solution

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Ukautotechnic mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Mittns

We have the can IDs as the original post has posted we need someone like you a programmer with more knowledge of c++ to include them in the sketch to enable the NAC cirroco to display these as a pop up notification like they should rather than just seeing them in the NAC diagnosis menu.

With the absence of these the dsg displays wheels not monitored as the NAC cirroco isn't receiving or interpretation of these messages correctly

Thank you

• We have the can IDs as the original post has posted we need someone like you a programmer with more knowledge of c++ to include them in the sketch to enable the NAC cirroco to display these as a pop up notification like they should rather than just seeing them in the NAC diagnosis menu.

The question is whether the Nac can display custom messages or whether all pop-up messages are predefined and only assigned based on a frame.

If custom messages are possible, you could intercept the messages, buffer them and send them formatted to the nac.

I had already started a sketch, which was unfortunately deleted through carelessness and I didn't have a copy.

At the moment I don't have much time to start all over again. :smiling_face_with_tear:

• Well little by little we are advancing although not as fast as we would like, the nac is already almost fully functional in Citroën C5, another step is the use of cirrocco, cluster screen. We are hoping that someone joins the project to continue it, and make possible a more complete and comprehensive use of Nac in our C5s. Thanks Mittns for your advice.As you say, our priority is to know if we have to get each message one by one and redirect them or not. A hug.

• hello mittns

This sketch is one that works with everything on 3rd generation C5 including the trip computer button working on cirocco from the wiper button except for the notification pop ups therefore this is the sketch that requires modification

Thank you 😊

• There's the query for maintenance for example.

Is the receiver ID 0x3E7 correct?

And did you check if messages from ID 0x3A7 are incoming?

(Maybe use Serial.print to Check)

If so, is the dlc length (8) correct as well?

For example, if the dlc is less than 8 Bytes, then this "if" query will be ignored.

Sorry, I'm on the way right now and only have my smartphone display available to look. :see_no_evil_monkey:

• hi mittns

This is basically the Vlud sketch but with some modifications to enable the NAC to switch Aas on off the trip computer button working and some other code reference oe6 to stop the cirocco warning light for brake fluid level warning staying lit that now doesn't. The lines you refer to are as far as I am aware exactly that of Vlud sketch that we all use

That's all I know

All we need is for the pop up notification to work and I need this as it's preventing my tyre pressure monitor from working as in the frame 1A1 there are several entries for Tpms notifications

And I know that another person using this sketch there Tpms is working ok mine just shows tyres not monitored even though the system is working ok

Thank you

Ps when I get to it I will hit up the donate button as I have no idea about code

Have not noticed any issues with my maintenance display it all works ok on both NAC and cirroco

Thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ukautotechnic () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Ukautotechnic into this post.

• Hello mittns

Hope you had a good Easter holiday hopefully you can help us with the c5x7 sketch 🤗

Could you please suggest

decent program where I can capture can bus data/frames

I have used python but do not know how to get a can dump that uses an Arduino nano or Uno

Thank you

• Could you please suggest

decent program where I can capture can bus data/frames

The MCP2515 library has a basic example sketch for catching frames.

A while ago i made this simple Sketch for catching frames from a specific ID.

-> ID 0x764 = Nac

You can replace the ID or simply add another ID via copy paste.

You could also use Canhacker, that's a good software.

I have used python but do not know how to get a can dump that uses an Arduino nano or Uno

I've never worked with Python, so I can't get started with Python. :see_no_evil_monkey:

• I will admit I'm no programmer I have no knowledge of it at all.

So the sketch above captures the frames sent by NAC?

Could I be so rude and ask you to change it so it captures bsi frames so I can give it a try as I have a long way to go in learning c++ as I have no experience with it this is the reason I came to you via recommendation from my friend

Thank you

• Ah okay, i thought you played at least a little bit with arduino programming. ^^

Use this for BSI and all other Frames.

This Sketch will catch all frames from BSI, it will show "BSI answer:"

If you send frames to BSI it will show "BSI request:".

You can also edit the text, if you want.

For all other Frames it shows "Standard ID".

Let me know if it works. :thumbs_up: :)

308 GTi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns ()

• I think I understand a little

If I change the I'd you have in the sketch to 0x217 that would be the cluster

0x1a9 is NAC status

0x2d1 bsi status

0x227 bsi status

Would this be correct

Sorry to sound dumb but I have no knowledge of c++

I will however make a donation as it is worth weight in gold to me as other people I have asked assume that I know it when in reality I really do not I have tried to understand it but cannot and have been unable to sorry I understand you have other work to do so I don't want to be a pain

Thank you

• I think I understand a little

If I change the I'd you have in the sketch to 0x217 that would be the cluster

0x1a9 is NAC status

0x2d1 bsi status

0x227 bsi status

Exactly.

It's like a little filter where you can see easily, which frames comes from bsi. :)

You can write a note or something in the serial print, so that you see, which frames comes from cluster for example.

If you want, i could edit the sketch filter it completely, so that only bsi frames are shown.

Sorry to sound dumb but I have no knowledge of c++

Nobody knows everything, so we all have to learn. :OK_hand: 8)

I will however make a donation as it is worth weight in gold to me as other people I have asked assume that I know it when in reality I really do not I have tried to understand it but cannot and have been unable to sorry I understand you have other work to do so I don't want to be a pain

Thank you

Every donation is welcome and goes directly into the server. :)

If you have questions, you can always ask.

That's what the forum is for.

• Right really dumb now

I open serial monitor and just get this how do I get it to receive data ?

Sorry but I really have no idea

Electronics yes easy programming no 😭

The other question is where do I connect the can h can l diagnostic port?

Pins?

• The MCP seems to work.

You have to connect Can High and Can Low on the OBD port diagnostic pins (Peugeot = Pin 3 & 8).

If you want directly from cluster, you have to change to the correct baudrate (125kbps for example).

You can test it with diagbox.

Just change some bsi settings and it will show you the can frames in the serial port monitor.

• Is the baud rate same for bsi NAC and cluster?

And should it display frames with out me sending a command in serial monitor?

• And should it display frames with out me sending a command in serial monitor?

Yes, if the bsi send frames, it should show you in the serial port monitor.

Is the baud rate same for bsi NAC and cluster?

BSI is high speed 500kbps on the diagnostic side (obd) and nac/cluster should be low speed 125kbps, of you connect ot behind the nac/cluster directly.

So if you want to catch alert messages for example, it would be better, if you connect the can high and can low directly to the nac with baudrate 125kpbs.

You can find the pinout from nac/rcc here.

Nac: Pin 10 (Can High) and pin 21 (Can Low).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.