Smeg/Smeg+/Smeg+ IV2 Hacking

• Next I am planing to use this guide to calibrate the SMEG+ into feeding low-level audio output to the speaker wires. The line-out output should make connecting an external amplifier (which I am doing) much easier and much less noisy and distorted. It is allegedly possible to calibrate this, but I couldn't find any evidence/mention online of someone actually doing it. Maybe someone here had tried it, or knows if it is actually possible?

The easiest way is via diagbox.

I don't know, which setting for the amplifier is correct because they're more than just 2 settings.

My calibration is with an external amplifier, so it might work for you.

Check out the line "Audio_export_conf" in the first post im the picture.

and further specifying that only 2 instead of 4 outputs shall be provided in the HIFI CAN mode, and that they apper at the front speaker terminals:

That's right, it's rhe same like the Nac.

Only two Low Level Channels are active, when the amplifier setting is set to external.

But note that these 2 channels deliver a constant low level volume, they are not adjustable!

The volume and balance are regulated via canbus.

The original amplifier from psa split the 2 channels in 4 channel + subwoofer channel.

If anyone had done this before, I'd very much like to hear about your experiences! If not, I shall try it in a couple of weeks and report back with the results :)

Only with nac and diagbox, but it's the same way with the smeg.

If i had written down the can frames, it would be easily possible with Arduino and an mcp2515.

But at that time i wasn't familiar with the the can network.

Now my smeg is sold long time ago. ^_^

• Using the method described in the first post, can the VIN number be changed in a smeg+ unit?

Thanks

Peter

• Theoretically yes, but the vin is encrypted in the up_config database.

• Oh :(

Do you know of any other way to change the VIN, or is it only at the dealers?

• Unfortunately no.

Either diagbox or dealer.

• Thank you for your help.

I do have 7.57 (and 7.62) Diagbox, but have had no luck changing the VIN.

• So... the VIN has now been coded in, but ....

I have a Citroen Grand Picasso with a black and white top screen (speedometer).

I have changed it to the colour screen and would like to know if I need to code it into the smeg+ unit.

It seems to work OK. But I have no control over what is shown on the top display.

Looking through the sqlite database/table I cant seem to see anywhere that shows mono/colour speedo.

Does anyone have any info? Does it need coding into the smeg+?

Thanks

Peter

• There's also an option in the bsi (monochrome to matrix display) you have to change.

• OH! so is the top colour display called a 'matrix' display?

I see in the database in the last entry for 'display'

Is this the entry to change in the smeg +? and then find it in the BSI too?

displayMatrix_DisplayPresence of matrix display

(option depending on equipment)

In Diagbox (english version), BSI -- Driver Comfort -- I found 'presence of dot matrix display'.

Mine was set to 'no', I changed it to 'yes'.

The car has not gone BANG! So thats good.

I will up load the changed sqlite database and see how it goes.

Thank you for your help with this.

Peter

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ghostgeezer () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Ghostgeezer into this post.

• OH! so is the top colour display called a 'matrix' display?

Yes, the colored screen is called "Matrix"-Display.

Is this the entry to change in the smeg +? and then find it in the BSI too?

Yes.

In Diagbox (english version), BSI -- Driver Comfort -- I found 'presence of dot matrix display'.

Mine was set to 'no', I changed it to 'yes'.

Exactly.

The car has not gone BANG! So thats good.

I will up load the changed sqlite database and see how it goes.

Thank you for your help with this.

Alright, we're waiting for your feedback. :OK_hand:

• Sorry for the delay. Weekend family stuff to do.

The changes worked great. Changing the 'matrix display' in the database did it.

Thank you so much for your help. Im really grateful.

Peter

• Perfect .

No problem. :thumbs_up: 8)

• Moin,

hab mir das Ganze gestern mal angesehen und probiert.

Habe leider das Problem, dass die Änderungen nicht übernommen werden.

Hab alles genau nach Anleitung gemacht außer das Zippen der up_config mit gzip, da das bei mir nicht funktioniert hat. Hab das dann mit 7zip gemacht und die Zip wie in der Beschreibung beschrieben wieder auf up_config.sqlite umbenannt. Aber das sollte ja eigentlich kein Problem sein, oder?

Hab dann alle Files wieder auf das SMEG+ gespielt und hab SMEG+ neu gestartet → keine Änderungen sichtbar

Hab mir dann zur Kontrolle nochmal die Files vom SMEG+ geholt und geschaut, ob da meine Änderungen drauf sind oder nicht → meine Änderungen waren drauf.

Zur Info: Hab nur den Bluetooth Namen geändert und die Themen, welche in diesem Thread als sicher gekennzeichnet wurden.

• Hab alles genau nach Anleitung gemacht außer das Zippen der up_config mit gzip, da das bei mir nicht funktioniert hat. Hab das dann mit 7zip gemacht und die Zip wie in der Beschreibung beschrieben wieder auf up_config.sqlite umbenannt. Aber das sollte ja eigentlich kein Problem sein, oder?

Die Anleitung muss genauestens eingehalten werden, da diverse Prüfsummen geprüft werden.

Evtl. komprimiert 7zip nicht das richtige Format.

Mit RTXcrc auch gemacht?

Ohne die richtigen Formate und Prüfsummen akzeptiert das Smeg die Datenbanken nicht.

Das Smeg hat, soweit ich mich zurück erinnere, intern Backups der Datenbanken, die im Falle einer fehlerhaften oder nicht geprüften Datenbank beim Start geladen werden.

Heißt, wenn es nicht exakt so gemacht wird und die Datenbank nicht akzeptiert wird, dann wird das Backup genutzt und nicht die modifizierte Datenbank.

• Danke für die Anwort

Evtl. komprimiert 7zip nicht das richtige Format.

Kann sein. Ich schau mir das mit gzip nochmal genauer an, ob ich es zum laufen bringe.

Mit RTXcrc auch gemacht?

Ohne die richtigen Formate und Prüfsummen akzeptiert das Smeg die Datenbanken nicht.

Hab ich alles gemacht. Zweimal neu probiert. Eventuell probiere ich es mal mit der Toolbox.

Das Smeg hat, soweit ich mich zurück erinnere, intern Backups der Datenbanken, die im Falle einer fehlerhaften oder nicht geprüften Datenbank beim Start geladen werden.

Heißt, wenn es nicht exakt so gemacht wird und die Datenbank nicht akzeptiert wird, dann wird das Backup genutzt und nicht die modifizierte Datenbank.

Oh okay, das heißt SMEG ladet einfach die Backup Datei und lässt die modifizierte Datenbank einfach liegen.

Normalerweise sollte SMEG eigentlich kein Problem mit den Daten haben, welche ich geändert habe, oder? Hab nur in der Spalte "IntValue" Daten geändert außer bei dem Bluetooth Namen.

• Eventuell probiere ich es mal mit der Toolbox.

Wäre besser, dort ist alles recht einfach per Klick erledigt.

Oh okay, das heißt SMEG ladet einfach die Backup Datei und lässt die modifizierte Datenbank einfach liegen.

Exakt.

Normalerweise sollte SMEG eigentlich kein Problem mit den Daten haben, welche ich geändert habe, oder? Hab nur in der Spalte "IntValue" Daten geändert außer bei dem Bluetooth Namen.

Nein, normalerweise nicht.

Nur die Ascii verschlüsselten Daten wie Fahrgestellnummer usw. Daten darf man nicht in Klartext ändern.

• Wäre besser, dort ist alles recht einfach per Klick erledigt.

Ja ich probiere es heute im Laufe des Tages noch einmal und melde mich dann.

Nur die Ascii verschlüsselten Daten wie Fahrgestellnummer usw. Daten darf man nicht in Klartext ändern.

Da wurde von mir nichts verändert.

Danke! Wie gesagt, werds nochmal mit der Toolbox probieren

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.