Upgrade from RD6 to NAC Wave 2 HW19 or Wave 3?

• Hello,

I'm upgrading my DS5 from RT6 and would like to get one of the devices mentioned in the title.

As far as I'm aware by now, W3's downsides are the multiple incompatibilities with DS5 - lack of a decent Hybrid module, very poor camera image and other such inconveniences. On the plus side, being a newer machine, I'm guessing it's going to have a longer software life cycle and will get updates for longer.

19W2 seems to work just as fine, without the forementioned little annoyances.

Is there anything I'm missing? Should I go for the W3, change the reverse camera and live with the lack of DS5 features?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns () aus folgendem Grund: Umfrage entfernt

• Do you mean Wave 2 HW19?

You should go for a wave 4, if you need a working hybrid page.

As far as I know, only the Wave 4 has the necessary hardware specification to carry out the measurements for the hybrid side.

Wave 2 HW19 and Wave 3 are technically almost identical.

(See hardware specifications)

Camera quality is the same on all devices.

The camera settings are important.

With some parameter modifications you can reduce stuttering.

Or disable the bird-view and you have a smooth reverse video (like 60fps).

But don't expect something like a HD video, it's still a analog camera standard where resolution is limited.

• The seller told me that I can't install wave 4 in the DS5 because there is no 7" HD screen.

• There are 2 versions of the wave 4, non hd and hd.

If you have no hd (wide)-screen, you have to take the non hd version of the wave 4.

Which screen size do you can get for your DS?

• 7" non-HD, apparently

• So that means you just could take the wave 4 non hd version and that's it.

When the seller says there is no wave 4 for 7" screens, he has no idea.

(If he really mean hardware compatibility)

The only thing i could imagine is, that there's no calibration file for the wave 4 on github available.

There are only 3 calibration files available.

You could ask the seller, if that's the problem.

Maybe then he will tell the truth instead of telling nonsense.

If you still want to decide between Wave 2 or 3, I personally would recommend Wave 2.

The maps are more recent than from Wave 3, as you can see in the list.

• Mittns

Hat den Titel des Themas von „NAC 19W2 vs W3“ zu „Upgrade from RD6 to NAC Wave 2 HW19 or Wave 3?“ geändert.
  • 7" non-HD, apparently

If you need a non HD Wave4, I can sell you one (without DAB). Or a Wave3 with the fw of the Wave4, which should work as fine. And if necessary, I also have a Wave2HW19.

The maps are more recent than from Wave 3, as you can see in the list.

The Wave3 maps are older indeed but after updating to the Wave4 fw, the maps can be updatet to the last version possible. And I am sure that the Wave4 maps will be supported longer than the Wave2 maps.

• They're still updating the RT6 maps, so I'm not worried about that, but more about the actual firmware of the device. That ends up being forgotten, most times.

• but more about the actual firmware of the device. That ends up being forgotten, most times.

The firmware updates don't provide any features anyway, it's just bug fixing.

And there are hardly any noteworthy bugs anymore.

Updates only come when there are issues that affect a lot of people.

• Are the Wave4 HD and non-HD variants technically identical?

I can only find info about the HD variant.

• Are the Wave4 HD and non-HD variants technically identical?

Not exactly, as far as i remember, the HD Version has another CPU/GPU.

I think the computing power had to be increased because of the resolution.

• Then I'm going to follow your advice and go for Wave4 non-HD.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.