Citroen C4 Picasso 2014 - Problem with Virtual Color Display

• Hello, is it possible to fix virtual color display (speedometer etc.)..... When is cold outside color is too bright and need to wait atlist half an hour driving to see clear everything. I try to resolve main board in lcd but still the same. Flat look good. Is it possible to fix or only possible to change new display?

Thanks.

• Arminius

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Citroen C4 Picasso 2014“ zu „Citroen C4 Picasso 2014 - Problem with Virtual Color Display“ geändert.
  • It is always best to attach a photo so that we can look at it.

Is it really the display or the display glass?

If it's the display, it appears to be a hardware or software fault.

If it is a hardware fault -> exchange

If it's a software bug

-> Check for speedo updates with Diagbox and update it to the latest version

-> If this doesn't work or no update available, subscribe to technical documentation and search for similar problem

• This is photos but i think i must change display, its very hard to find. Horisontal line on display is only on photo, in real there is no any lines. When display is not cold its everything ok.

• Looks like a contrast issue.

This can be caused by defective SMD components or defective solder joints.

Also check the ribbon cables to make sure they are properly seated.

And make sure that the ribbon cables are not pinched too much or too often, they break quickly.

You always have to be very careful with ribbon cables.

If you want to troubleshoot, try it with cold spray.

1. Disconnect the display
    2. Treat the circuit board with cold spray (bit by bit)
    3. Wait a couple of seconds (Avoid short circuit)
    4. Reconnect the display and try it out

Repeat the steps until you find the problem spot.

308 GTi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mittns ()

• In service we try to heat most of components on main board but not help. Your idea is good, i will try to do that but when i have a chance becouse i have no service near to try that.

Thank you so much.

• In service we try to heat most of components on main board but not help.

Yes, but this will only work, if the issue comes with higher temps.

If the problem occurs when it is cold, you can use cold spray as one of the few solutions.

Troubleshooting is a part of my job and I'm very good at it. :)

I have two more ideas:

1. Shake the display with strong frequencies while display is running. If it flickers during this, a component is loose or maybe a bad solder joint.
    2. Use ESD gloves (Avoid short circuit) and press the circuit board (components) piece by piece while display is running. If it flickers during this, a component is loose and you have a bad solder joint.

Your idea is good, i will try to do that but when i have a chance becouse i have no service near to try that.

Thank you so much.

If you found the issue, please let us know. :thumbs_up:

• When is cold, in winter time when i start my car when is near zero temperate outside i cant see allmost anything on my display. But when i start heating in car and drive half an hour and car is warm then i can see clearly on my display. Its not perfect like in other cars with same display but is ok. Now i have not much problems becouse winter is gone, but i know problem will back in winter. Everyone told to change display, i understand is most easy way to do that but is expensive and hard to find. Some people say its common issue with this model and avoid to buy this model becouse of this problem. To much problems with electronic in this car, but have a lucky and fix everything myself exept this display.

• When is cold, in winter time when i start my car when is near zero temperate outside i cant see allmost anything on my display. But when i start heating in car and drive half an hour and car is warm then i can see clearly on my display.

Does the display come back slowly or all at once?

If it comes back slowly, it could be a bad component rather than a bad solder joint.

A bad capacitor would suffice.

There's also a tiny possibility that the display itself won't work in the cold.

This could then be a production error.

You can also try this with cold spray. But beware! Too much can crack the display. Stress cracks. ;)

So very little cold spray and with a lot of distance.

Some people say its common issue with this model and avoid to buy this model becouse of this problem.

To much problems with electronic in this car, but have a lucky and fix everything myself exept this display.

If it's a known issue, there should be a replacement (RP) part number in the service box later.

And to be fair, most people don't know anything about electronics and always condemn everything directly, don't give a shit about that.

You can fix anything if you're not stupid.

• Nope, its not back in normal at once. Need time to display back to normal. Its back to normal slowly. I guess is capacitor but need to find some shematic to try to find what could be a problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Hey! Es scheint, als ob Dir dieser Austausch gefällt, aber Du hast bisher noch kein Benutzerkonto erstellt. Mit einem Konto kannst Du über neue Antworten informiert werden, Foto's in unsere Galerie hochladen, unsere Tools nutzen, anderen mit einem „Gefällt mir“ danken oder selbst dabei unterstützen, anderen zu helfen. Gemeinsam können wir dazu beitragen, diese Community zu etwas größerem zu machen.